REFLECTOR: filter

Lou Stedman stedmanlou at adelphia.net
Thu Apr 17 18:46:35 CDT 2008


Having done the calculations for CFM on my present K&N filter, I find it necessary to redesign my system. I need to increase the size of my filter. At present, my filter is attached to my bottom cowl right above the a 3" diameter scoop. From there I am running 30" long sceet tube to my injector servo. I am wondering if it would be better to scrap this lengthily system and use one of the tapered cone filters that will attach to the servo using a 3" aluminum tube. This will allow me to place the filter directly into the airstreams which comes into the cowl from a arm pit scoop. By doing so I would be placing the filter into the warmer air surrounding my baffling and eliminating the need for alternate air mechanism in case of icing. I would appreciate your comments as well as recommendations from what you have done. I am running a IO-360. Which needs 281 CFM of air.

Lou Stedman
Velocity N7044Q
Olean, NY
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20080417/50074dd7/attachment.htm 


More information about the Reflector mailing list