REFLECTOR: Headset recomendation

NMFlyer1 at aol.com NMFlyer1 at aol.com
Sun Apr 6 09:30:30 CDT 2008


Scott, 
 
I fly with the Lightspeed Mach 1. It replaced my very old Lightspeed 15k,  
which I still have as a backup. I got tired of the weight of the old one on my  
4+ hr trips back and forth to Gunnison Co. every other week. 
 
I tried out the Mach-1 because it had good reviews and a 30 day trial  period 
at the time. As you know, it is similar to the headset I use at work, so  the 
feel was no sweat getting used to. I did notice that the sound was  
"different". Not bad, specially with music, but a little different than with  cover 
your ear types. Since it isn't ANR, it doesn't mask what it "thinks" you  don't 
want to hear, just attenuates all levels. 
 
I wear the Serengeti sunglasses with the Mach-1 and have had no problems.  
What I do like best is that there is no weight issue on long flights, very  
comfortable. I didn't bother with the custom molded earpieces that they say you  
can use (never got them for work either), and the noise level in the Cherokee  
235 is fine with the Mach-1
 
Your mileage may vary. 
 
 Kurt 



**************Planning your summer road trip? Check out AOL Travel Guides.    
  (http://travel.aol.com/travel-guide/united-states?ncid=aoltrv00030000000016)
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20080406/5312c4a5/attachment.htm 


More information about the Reflector mailing list