REFLECTOR: FW: Aerocomposite Props
Rene Dugas
dugasd at bellsouth.net
Tue Sep 25 17:54:49 CDT 2007
-----Original Message-----
From: Rene Dugas [mailto:dugasd at bellsouth.net]
Sent: Tuesday, September 25, 2007 5:42 PM
To: 'Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list'
Subject: RE: REFLECTOR: Aerocomposite Props
Terry,
Yes I am. I am delighted with it. I just received an AN Notice about
the aluminum spinner backplate but mine is carbon so it did not apply.
Also today Aerocomposite notified me that two other owners have had
there blades stick in deep pitch and not return to flat on run up when
out side air temps were over 115 degrees. Fix was to let everything
cool down. Mine has done this once and problem disappeared a few hours
later on a July 1 PM over 100 degree day. Otherwise a few paint nicks,
about 8 knots top speed improvement and about 500 ft/min climb
improvement. I flew yesterday and at 2000 ft MSL with outside temps of
90 degrees I had IAS of 168 at 23/23, 178 at 24/24 and 179 at 25/25 and
185 kts at 27/27 level with autopilot on. Send me your email and I'll
send pics on the custom paint. I flew over 15,000 miles in the plane
this summer all the way around the lower 48 states with no prop problem
at all. I have an MT three blade for sale 0 hrs since rebuild If you
want.
Rene'
-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Terry Miles
Sent: Monday, September 24, 2007 6:53 AM
To: 'Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list'
Subject: REFLECTOR: Aerocomposite Props
I am trying to find out if anyone is running a Velocity with an
aerocomposite prop behind a Lycoming 540?
Rene, are you?
Thanks,
Terry
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20070925/079de564/attachment.htm
More information about the Reflector
mailing list