REFLECTOR: Elevator gap

Keith Hallsten KeithHallsten at quiknet.com
Sun Sep 23 17:25:55 CDT 2007


Al,

 

I have a more recent kit, with no elevator cuffs.  I set the elevator close
to the canard trailing edge per the guidance provided by the manual - it
seems to me that it's even closer than 0.2", but I haven't measured it in
quite a while.  At any rate, I would assume that you need to revise your
hinge arrangement to correct the gap after removal of the cuffs.

 

Keith Hallsten

  

 

  _____  

From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Al Gietzen
Sent: Sunday, September 23, 2007 3:20 PM
To: reflector
Subject: REFLECTOR: Elevator gap

 

In my manual (circa 1997), the elevators included the cuff, and the gap with
elevators trailing edge down is specified as 0.2" (and it says this is
critical; get it right).  I got it right. Then there was conjecture that the
cuff should be eliminated. This was before mine was flying, so I chose to
eliminate half the width of the cuff, and to decide about the rest after
flying.  I didn't give much thought to the gap without the cuff.

 

Then the consensus became no cuff, and the new manual shows no cuff.  But it
still shows gap from the canard trailing edge to elevator, with elevator
trailing edge down, as 0.2".  Eliminating the cuff after installing the
elevators leaves the gap at about 0.4".  Is something inconsistent here; or
does it mean that eliminating the cuff requires that I reset the canard
hinges?

 

Al

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20070923/c300d5f8/attachment-0001.htm 


More information about the Reflector mailing list