REFLECTOR: First Flight recommended wgt

Scott Baker sbakr at comcast.net
Sat Sep 22 13:35:28 CDT 2007


MessageTerry,
I recommend loading a minimum of 2-hours of fuel for the first flight.
This gives you a comfortable margin to loiter/troubleshoot any landing gear problems that might occur -
and time to select another airport for landing, if needed.
SB
  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: Terry Miles 
  To: 'Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list' 
  Sent: Saturday, September 22, 2007 10:47 AM
  Subject: REFLECTOR: First Flight recommended wgt


   

  All,

   

  I am nearing the first flight point.or I think I am.

   

  I noticed in the "Owner Flight Manual and Wgt & Bal" they suggest a first flight maximum weight of 2100 pounds.

   

  My airplane is 1900.  I weigh 160. If we considered total unusable fuel as say a nominal 40 pounds, then I would make my first takeoff on empty tanks.

   

  What if I said my plans for today are to board 38 gallons for the first flight?  Gross wgt just under 2300 pounds.  Any thoughts?

   

  2nd question:  not counting fuel in the sump what is everyone else using as the "dry" tanks fuel figure?  

   

  Terry

   



------------------------------------------------------------------------------


  _______________________________________________
  To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

  Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
  user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
  Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
  Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20070922/1ba4f53e/attachment.htm 


More information about the Reflector mailing list