REFLECTOR: Safety Wire

Joe Ewen Jewen at comporium.net
Wed Sep 19 22:08:47 CDT 2007


Thanks Keith,
I have followed the AC 43.13 torque values


  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: Keith Hallsten 
  To: 'Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list' 
  Sent: Wednesday, September 19, 2007 11:02 PM
  Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Safety Wire


  No, I don't drill and safety AN fittings, nor do the certified planes I have inspected have AN fittings safetied.  It appears that there is sufficient friction in properly torqued AN fittings to keep them together.  There is a table in AC 43.13 with torque values for AN fittings.

   

  Keith

   

   


------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On Behalf Of Joe Ewen
  Sent: Wednesday, September 19, 2007 7:33 PM
  To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
  Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Safety Wire

   

  Thanks Keith,

   

  What about AN fittings,  do you drill and safety those as well?  Would 0.032 be the right size for those?

   

  Joe

    ----- Original Message ----- 

    From: Keith Hallsten 

    To: 'Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list' 

    Sent: Wednesday, September 19, 2007 10:29 PM

    Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Safety Wire

     

    Joe,

     

    I haven't actually looked it up, but I'm sure AC 43.13 would have specific recommendations for safety wire size by application.

     

    For "small fasteners" (e.g., ¼" bolts and smaller) I use .032".   For "Big stuff" (e.g., prop bolts) I use 0.41".  I also have a spool of 0.020", but I haven't found anything small enough to use it on as yet - that would be for the "really small fasteners".

     

    Regards,

     

    Keith Hallsten

     

     


----------------------------------------------------------------------------

    From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On Behalf Of Joe Ewen
    Sent: Wednesday, September 19, 2007 4:56 PM
    To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
    Subject: REFLECTOR: Safety Wire

     

    What size safety wire is typically used in the engine compartment?

     

    Thanks,

    Joe


----------------------------------------------------------------------------

    _______________________________________________
    To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

    Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
    user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
    Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
    Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html



------------------------------------------------------------------------------


  _______________________________________________
  To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

  Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
  user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
  Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
  Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20070919/d8c53a5f/attachment-0001.htm 


More information about the Reflector mailing list