REFLECTOR: IO 360 exhaust

Ron Brown romott at roadrunner.com
Mon Sep 17 20:02:48 CDT 2007


Mine is the NACA down draft.  Very pleased with it!!!

Heads run nice and cool - I don't think this engine will ever have a problem 
with stuck valves.  It cools down to under 300 CHT's taxiing to the hangar. 
And I'm running higher oil pressure as recommended by Bill Marvel at 
www.prime-mover.org.  The new Cessnas are using higher oil pressures too if 
you read Bill's latest notes.

Ron


----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Tom" <tomcat05 at comcast.net>
To: <reflector at tvbf.org>
Sent: Monday, September 17, 2007 8:26 PM
Subject: REFLECTOR: IO 360 exhaust


> Thx for the reply. Do you have updraft or downdraft cooling??  I like
> the idea--simple, saves weight and possibly less heat transfer in the
> engine compartment. I just spoke with one of my neighbors who is an
> absolute guru in powerplants. He favors the 2 into 1 systems but only
> when it's the 1 and 2 cyls together and 3 & 4 together seperately. He
> had run several tests years back with MustangIIs he had built and found
> significant speed/horsepower gains with this type config. I've got a
> single crossover 4 into 1 now that is probably the worst setup to have.
> I'm going to pull cowl tomorrow to see if his suggestion is feasible but
> I doubt there's enough room for dual crossover. Standard 2 into 1 is
> probably the way for me to go.
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit 
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
> 



More information about the Reflector mailing list