REFLECTOR: 2 bladed prop

Scott Derrick scott at tnstaafl.net
Sun Sep 16 17:15:00 CDT 2007


the problem is that the total blade length is proportional to horse 
power. With a 180 HP engine you might be able to get by with a two 
bladed prop...

We just don't have the clearance being a pusher, departing and landing 
puts the prop very close to the ground.

a conventional gear, tractor style airplane can handle the longest prop...

Scott

Those

Chuck wrote:
> Does anyone have any experience running a 2 bladed prop on a V? I know the 
> long EZ racers use them, but I wondered what are the pro's and con's of 
> these props. I know you would get a "blanking" when going thru the 
> horizontal wing/cowl area, and you'd increase the horsepower per blade. It 
> would be noisier and less smooth, but lighter than a 3 blade. I've read that 
> a 2 blade is theoretically the most efficient type prop, but aren't as good 
> for takeoff and at higher altitudes. I gues if the racers use them, they 
> can't be that bad.
> 
> Chuck H 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
> 
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
> 

-- 

-
     The only security of all is in a free press. The force of public 
opinion cannot be resisted when permitted freely to be expressed. The 
agitation it produces must be submitted to. It is necessary, to keep the 
waters pure.

     Thomas Jefferson to Lafayette, 1823. ME 15:491


More information about the Reflector mailing list