REFLECTOR: BMA E/1 and Fuel Flow

Darrell & Nora Kufalk kufalk at wi.rr.com
Fri Sep 14 22:40:59 CDT 2007


Brett,

Fuel flow reading errors are most likely due to the location of the flow
meter in the system.  If the flow is even a little turbulent, you will never
get it to read correctly.  I installed mine forward of the firewall about 8"
after the center sump tank and about 6" before a 90 degree elbow that sends
it through the firewall.  This is the only place in the system where the
flow is non-turbulent.  I haven't flown yet but all my ground testing from
idle to full power and high speed taxi tests seems to give good readings.  I
am using the same 231 sensor.

Darrell
N207DK
XL-RG IO-540


-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Brett Ferrell
Sent: Friday, September 14, 2007 9:37 PM
To: Velocity Reflector
Subject: REFLECTOR: BMA E/1 and Fuel Flow

Anybody out there want to comment on their fuel flow sensors you're 
using with a BMA E/1?  I saw that Tom had a similar problem to mine, 
I've got a 231 that gives me weird readings, like 5-6 gal/hr on our 
first flight, and appears to just drop off scale at high flow rates.

Tom - did  you change to the 201B?  Did it fix your issues.  Anybody 
else want to share what their working setup is?  Thanks in advance!

Brett
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
 








































































































































































More information about the Reflector mailing list