REFLECTOR: Garmin WAAS Upgrade
Terry Miles
terrence_miles at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 5 18:08:15 CDT 2007
Rene,
Thanks for the info on Garmin. Whilst you were out doing battle w/ avionics
I had a ph conversation w/ the fellow who will be the DAR on my bird. As
you know I have the aerocomposite prop too.
He wanted to know if anybody had the aerocomp prop on a Velo with a Lycoming
540 and had logged at least 50 hours with this configuration.
Is that you?
Thanks for getting back.and for other contributions to us all too.
Terry.
_____
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Rene Dugas
Sent: Wednesday, September 05, 2007 11:27 AM
To: reflector at tvbf.org
Subject: REFLECTOR: Garmin WAAS Upgrade
Dear Folks,
I recently completed my adventure flying around the US. Just before I left
I upgraded my two Garmin 430's to the WAAS with Terrain. The first one came
back with the right knob broken and the comms don't work. Mailed it back
off. The second one was over a week late and too late to take on my trip,
sooooo. I borrowed two friends WAAS 430's for my trip. Two more days in
the avionics shop with data card miss matches and corruption problems then
the number two radio would receive but not transmit voice. I finally took
off for Billings Montana and both Garmins went into a Loading ... mode and
would not recover. I returned to the avionic shop. Five hours later and
three data updates nothing was better. WE reconfigured the units to work
completely separately and pulled the circuit breaker on the Storm scope and
each worked perfectly. I stopped at Aerotronics in Billings Montana were
my panel was assembled and two hours later the answer was discovered.
Garmin whom we had talked to no less that five times in the last 36 hours
informed us that the upgrade will not work with an installed WX 500
Stormscope. It has worked well for four years but GArmin has no idea when
they will get the data problem fixed for my panel. Just in case someone has
had a similar problem without resolution.
Rene'
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20070905/13ba5aa2/attachment-0001.htm
More information about the Reflector
mailing list