REFLECTOR: Aileron cable too short

Ron Brown romott at roadrunner.com
Tue Sep 4 21:09:50 CDT 2007


I had the same problem - cables limiting the aileron throw.  The fix is to drill new holes in the aileron bell cranks (next to the engine).  Mine are about 1/2" closer to the pivot.  I'm pretty sure that Scott Swing recommended this fix back when I had the problem.

Ronnie


  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: Terry Miles 
  To: 'Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list' 
  Sent: Tuesday, September 04, 2007 8:48 PM
  Subject: REFLECTOR: Aileron cable too short


  Hey all,

   

  I am trying mightily to finish up, the cosmos has it another way.

   

  Today I tried to hook up the ailerons.  After spending lots of time and effort to get the ailerons and aileron wells just right for full aileron travel, I have found that the aileron cable assembly is not reaching far enough.  I am hitting the travel limits of the cable.not stick travel.not control surface binding.

   

  Brief review:  The aileron cable attaches to a bell crank in wing root which attaches to the aileron torque tube.  The bell crank comes pre-drilled.  I am going to drill a new whole in the bell crank closer to the pivot point so I can get proper minimum aileron throw.

   

  Has anybody else run into this problem?   Are there other ways to do this?

   

  Terry

  XL-5



------------------------------------------------------------------------------


  _______________________________________________
  To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

  Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
  user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
  Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
  Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20070904/7c2f235a/attachment.htm 


More information about the Reflector mailing list