REFLECTOR: door strake cut lines

Jorge Bujanda bujanda at dslextreme.com
Mon Sep 3 21:03:01 CDT 2007


Thanks

Regards,
Jorge


_____________________________________________
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On Behalf Of gpoole
Sent: Monday, September 03, 2007 6:28 PM
To: 'Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list'
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: door strake cut lines

Ah you're a good man Jorge - detail is spot on!  

Also appreciate your web site....it's inspiring me to put more time into my Velocity long
build...

Best regards from way Down Under,

Greg

greg at pooledresources.com.au



		-----Original Message-----
		From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Jorge Bujanda
		Sent: Tuesday, 4 September 2007 10:33 AM
		To: 'Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list'
		Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: door strake cut lines

		Hi Greg,
		I just did not remember exactly what I had written on the website but I
believe either way works; 100 if the square is placed against the door, and 80 if placed
against the fuselage.  However, you have made me aware that the current statement may be
misleading.  I guess a more clear statement would be 10 degrees aft from the square angle.
Correct?  

		Regards,
		Jorge


		_____________________________________________
		From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of gpoole
		Sent: Monday, September 03, 2007 4:25 PM
		To: 'Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list'
		Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: door strake cut lines


		Hi Jorge,

		Think you meant to say that you started at 900 as per manual for the
door/strake cut and came back to 800 (not 1000) to give better access...if I read your web
page right...

		Best,

		Greg in Sydney




		-----Original Message-----
		From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Jorge Bujanda
		Sent: Tuesday, 4 September 2007 9:14 AM
		To: 'Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list'
		Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: door strake cut lines

		Thanks.  Glad to be of help if I can.

		Regards,
		Jorge


		-----Original Message-----
		From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Andrew
		Ellzey
		Sent: Monday, September 03, 2007 8:04 AM
		To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
		Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: door strake cut lines

		Thanks Jorge for your reply. I spent quite a bit of time looking at your
web site and your
		construction pictures and I would like to commend you for your good work
and attention to
		detail. As the saying goes a picture is worth a thousand words.
		 
		Andy

		----- Original Message ----
		From: Jorge Bujanda <bujanda at dslextreme.com>
		To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list <reflector at tvbf.org>
		Sent: Monday, September 3, 2007 8:56:22 AM
		Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: door strake cut lines


		Hi Andy,
		I initially started cutting the bottom right strake shell at 90° (manual)
but felt the
		strake was somewhat interfering unnecessarily with the access to the
cabin.  I then cut it
		at I believe 100 degrees.  Click on the link below and check out photo 2
in #6 (Strake
		Door Cut) of the Right Strake section. 
		http://members.dslextreme.com/users/jbujanda/Construction.html#Fuel
		You could go higher at the expense of the storage compartment, if you
want. 

		Regards,
		Jorge Bujanda
		Velocity XL FG 
		Palmdale, CA
		Website:  http://members.dslextreme.com/users/jbujanda/

		"Make your best case... not the best case."
		"Spare the noise... convince through silence."


		-----Original Message-----
		From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Andrew
		Ellzey
		Sent: Sunday, September 02, 2007 7:19 PM
		To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
		Subject: REFLECTOR: door strake cut lines

		I completed, what has been for me, a long road last weekend. I closed both
strakes. I
		still have all the additional lay-ups that now need to take place when you
put your strake
		tops on, but now I think I would like to cut the strake noses off and
attach them to my
		doors. My question is at what angle has everyone cut the strake to door
nose piece off?
		The manual calls for 90 degree from the fuselage. I seem to remember that
most people were
		using 98 to 95 degrees from the fuselage to have better clearance when the
door starts to
		open. Please provide feedback.

		Andy Ellzey

		_______________________________________________
		To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

		Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
		user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
		Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
		Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html


		_______________________________________________
		To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

		Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
		user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
		Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
		Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html

		_______________________________________________
		To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

		Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
		user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
		Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
		Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html


		_______________________________________________
		To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

		Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
		user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
		Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
		Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html <<
File: ATT00003.txt >>  << File: ATT00113.txt >>  << File: ATT00003.txt >> 
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: winmail.dat
Type: application/ms-tnef
Size: 62038 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20070903/f17feace/attachment-0001.bin 


More information about the Reflector mailing list