REFLECTOR: Velocity Univ.

Steve Goldman steve at fatcatair.com
Mon Oct 29 16:09:38 CDT 2007


Well I just got back from a very enjoyable time in Sebastian. It's 
nice to know that after a year of work I'm not off the track. I was 
also great meeting people in person instead of electronically.

I got a lot of IFR practice both directions, 4 hours in the clouds 
going down and 2 coming back. Fortunately it was mostly pretty smooth.

The funniest thing happened as we were going to leave this morning. 
I'm dropping the car off at Enterprise and there is another guy (Tim?) 
there renting a car who says "If you're going back to the airport I 
can give you a lift". The he asks where I was based and I said North 
Carolina. "Oh yeah, where in NC?". I said Raleigh since it is the 
closest recognizable city. He says "Oh are you based at RDU, I'm out 
of Tango Tango Alpha". [Sanford NC about 8 miles from my house at 
9NC8]. So then I say "Well in that case I'm actually at Eagle's 
Landing". Turns out he was going to go to the event but he was VFR and 
couldn't get out until Sat. and now he's in Sebastian getting his 
annual done at Velocity. It's a small world.

-- 
Steve Goldman
'77 Tiger N28531
Velocity XL5-RG (T-3000hrs)
Pittsboro, NC (9NC8)
http://fatcatair.com


More information about the Reflector mailing list