REFLECTOR: Vesta Prop

davedent at comcast.net davedent at comcast.net
Wed Oct 24 22:05:17 CDT 2007


Hay guys I got my new blades for the Vesta prop.  I got them painted now and have to add just a tad of weight to one and be putting together next week. I'd do it tomorrow but going on a retreat.   My plan is to get all the data recorded from my GRT for the MT first then change it out to the Vesta.  It will take a while because I have to build up the spinner as well to fit the Vesta. Jason gave me the bulkheads for it. I just have to put the nut plates in them.  I may just see how it does without the spinner first.  I have to think about this. For those that don't know it will be going on a IO-540/260hp.

The assembly of it is quite simple with his instructions.  The old blades came out just fine.  He is also sending me a plate with slip rings to get in-flight data from a special sensor he has that records the loads on it in flight.  It's also used to balance it if need be.  The unit normally cost $500, for those that will want one later. It can be used for in-flight testing for balance.  The best for any prop. 

If this prop even comes close to the MT, the MT is history. As well as the Aerocompoite. This prop will cost less then $8K and it's built in the good oh USA.  It's either hydraulic or electric, your choice.    
Dave
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20071024/e56a36dc/attachment.htm 


More information about the Reflector mailing list