REFLECTOR: Main wheel camber

Laurence Coen lwcoen at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 18 12:46:21 CDT 2007


Tom,

I used the following procedure to get the final "set" of the wheels.  I 
sanded the area on the gear leg where the Matco axel mounts.  The amount of 
material you have to remove is insignificant.  When the angles are good, 
remove the axel and cover the mating surface with tape and wax the bolts. 
Then coat the mating gear leg with flox/cabosil to fill any imperfections, 
reassemble and let cure.  Take it apart one more time and remove the tape 
and reassemble. Done!  If you have an RG you'll have to readjust the gear 
cable because the wheel will sit in the well differently.

Larry Coen
N136LC
SE/RG Franklin/IVO

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Tom" <tomcat05 at comcast.net>
To: <reflector at tvbf.org>
Sent: Wednesday, October 17, 2007 5:30 AM
Subject: REFLECTOR: Main wheel camber


> With a normal load, my left main has slightly positive camber (bottom of
> tire pointing out). It's fairly minimal so I haven't played with it yet.
> I'll probably have to do some sort of shims. I've got Matcos, are the
> shims similar to what cleveland puts out?? Where can you get them??? thx 
> Tom
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit 
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
> 



More information about the Reflector mailing list