REFLECTOR: Leaky Master Brake Cylinders

John Dibble aminetech at bluefrog.com
Sat Oct 13 10:43:17 CDT 2007


Mine was leaking also.  Someone on the reflector suggested I check the
clamp at the bottom of the reservoir and that was the problem as it was
loose.  That stopped the fluid from leaking in the nose.  I still loose
fluid in the copilot reservoir, but no sign of where it is leaking.

John

Michael Watson wrote:

> I have the same problem with both cylinders, was never able to
> stop the leak. If you resolve it, please let us know,
>  On 10/12/07, Brian Michalk < michalk at awpi.com> wrote:
>
>      My master cylinders leak a few drops per day.  I took them
>      apart to
>      figure out where it's coming from.  The best I can figure is
>      it's the
>      screw that goes in from the bottom.  It looks like this
>      screw is to keep
>      the assembly from exiting the cylinder.
>
>      When I re-assembled them, I put a small gasket on the
>      screw.  That
>      didn't work.
>
>      I think the tip is bottoming out in the housing, which keeps
>      the head
>      from getting tight.
>
>      I was thinking about shaving off a few thousandths of the
>      length of the
>      screw.  Any other suggestions?
>
>      _______________________________________________
>      To change your email address, visit
>      http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
>      Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
>      user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>      Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>      Check old archives:
>      http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
>
>
>
>
> --
> Mike W.
> 1997 Velocity Elite RG
> Franklin /IVO Electric CS
>
>    ----------------------------------------------------------------
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives:
> http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20071013/36b18fff/attachment.htm 


More information about the Reflector mailing list