REFLECTOR: Leaky Master Brake Cylinders

Oskar 3d_emc at earthlink.net
Fri Oct 12 16:37:18 CDT 2007


Hi Brian, I believe that instead of gasket need an "O" ring. (at least in mine was like that)
Good luck
Oscar

-----Original Message-----
>From: Brian Michalk <michalk at awpi.com>
>Sent: Oct 12, 2007 5:25 PM
>To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list <reflector at tvbf.org>
>Subject: REFLECTOR: Leaky Master Brake Cylinders
>
>My master cylinders leak a few drops per day.  I took them apart to 
>figure out where it's coming from.  The best I can figure is it's the 
>screw that goes in from the bottom.  It looks like this screw is to keep 
>the assembly from exiting the cylinder.
>
>When I re-assembled them, I put a small gasket on the screw.  That 
>didn't work.
>
>I think the tip is bottoming out in the housing, which keeps the head 
>from getting tight.
>
>I was thinking about shaving off a few thousandths of the length of the 
>screw.  Any other suggestions?



More information about the Reflector mailing list