REFLECTOR: First Flights
davedent at comcast.net
davedent at comcast.net
Fri Nov 30 12:16:34 CST 2007
John is using the IO-550 310hp engine. His prop is the Aero Composite. After landing we did find a little play in one of the blades, with some creaking noise in it. But after it cooled down the noise went away. We are having American Prop check it out before we fly it again.
I have my new blades on the Vesta prop now and have done a ground run only out in front of the hangar. I will do a full run up today with full power. Because of the new shape I may have to adjust the governor again. Give it one last check to make sure it is staying together and give it a test flight. I have no spinner on it for now. The MT spinner did not match too well with the Vesta so I have another blank spinner to build up for the Vesta. It does effect the looks, but that's about all. I'll let you know how it goes.
PS: Were you able to see the picture of John? If not I'll put it on the gallery.
Dave
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20071130/7982df61/attachment.htm
More information about the Reflector
mailing list