REFLECTOR: Blue Mountain Mag Swing on Broadcast
Scott Derrick
scott at tnstaafl.net
Fri Nov 30 11:14:06 CST 2007
Excessive EMF from the radio are typically
1.) ungrounded shield wire on antenna coax
2.) bad connection in antenna circuit
3.) mismatched components in antenna circuit
4.) ungrounded radio chassis
5.) running signal wire right next to antenna coax
Scott
> Has anybody solved an issue with thier EFIS mag heading swing when they
> broadcast
>
> I've got a XL and BMA Gen 3 EFIS/1. I've worked pretty hard to get the
> heading accurate (including moving it from the nose/canard area to the
> strake where there's no metal aside from the wing bolts, which are about a
> foot away, where the com coax runs through to the winglet), but now I find
> that when taxing around the airport, if I broadcast the mag swings way to
> one side, and then returns when I unkey the mic. How irratating. Anyway, I
> ran shielded wire to the mag, which I think is unterminated on the mag
> end, and terminated on the EFIS end, but I'll have to check. Thoughts?
>
> Also, the strobe wires run through the same area, but don't seem to affect
> mag heading.
>
> Brett
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
More information about the Reflector
mailing list