REFLECTOR: canard cover
Scott Derrick
scott at tnstaafl.net
Thu Nov 29 09:03:44 CST 2007
Alex,
I do have some pictures. I will dig around and find them...
Scott
Alex Balic wrote:
> Hey Scott- do you have any pictures anywhere- I have a really, really big
> hatch that includes the canard cover and most of the top foreword - and I
> would like to see if I can use the piano hinges on there- not sure how to
> access the pins.
>
> Alex
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
> Behalf Of Scott Derrick
> Sent: Wednesday, November 28, 2007 9:37 AM
> To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
> Subject: REFLECTOR: canard cover
>
> canard cover.
>
> I use piano hinges to fasten my cover down and its a 5 second job to
> remove and a 30 second job to install??
>
> I don't understand why yours would be a bear?
>
> Scott
>
> Terry Miles wrote:
>> orientation change to see what happens. I dread having to pull the canard
>> cover. We did piano hinges and pulling and setting those hinge pins is a
>> bear.
>> Thanks, Al,
>> Terry
>>
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
>> Behalf Of Al Gietzen
>> Sent: Tuesday, November 27, 2007 8:29 PM
>> To: 'Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list'
>> Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: GRT compass calibration
>>
>> Terry;
>> Sounds like your setup is very much like mine. I'm not having any
> problems.
>> I think it very unlikely that is anything along the cables. I'm sure you
>> took it to the compass rose and did the calibration according to the
> manual.
>> I think you can set it up to read out 'true' or 'magnetic', what's the
>> deviation where you are?
>>
>> I'm sure the guys at GRT can give you the most help.
>>
>> Best,
>>
>> Al
>>
>>
>>
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
>> Behalf Of Terry Miles
>> Sent: Tuesday, November 27, 2007 5:09 PM
>> To: 'Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list'
>> Subject: REFLECTOR: GRT compass calibration
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I have a dual screen, single AHRS GRT EFIS (Their Horizon I) and I am
>> getting a 20 degree compass split. The GRT is reading off to the right.
>>
>> I am in contact w/ GRT and doing and trying all as they advise, but I
>> thought I would check in here to prevent re-inventing the wheel. I do
> enuf
>> of that as is.
>>
>> The Magnotometer is mounted in the RH strake and I have the usual #2 nav
> and
>> com antennae near by not on top off the GRT magno box. I have about 3
> feet
>> of excess cabling. Moving that around in the wing and aft cabin has no
>> affect on the problems.
>>
>> The plan of attack tomorrow is remove the canard cover and see if I can
>> isolate the magno cable from any possible unnoticed offenders in the nose
>> area.
>>
>> Anybody been down this road?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Terry
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> To change your email address, visit
>> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>>
>> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
>> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>>
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> To change your email address, visit
>> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>>
>> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
>> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
>> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>>
>
--
-
Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will
within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not
add "within the limits of the law," because law is often but the
tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.
Thomas Jefferson
More information about the Reflector
mailing list