REFLECTOR: GRT compass calibration

Terry Miles terrence_miles at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 28 21:24:01 CST 2007


Thanks Craig.  I got it down to about 4 or 5 degrees at present.  Next trip
to the compass rose I will bring another guy to help get me aligned better.
I gotta fix my whiskey compass too...I tried to align it to some bad info
too, so it is presently way out of whack.  Thanks for getting back.
Terry

-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Craig and Denise Woolston
Sent: Wednesday, November 28, 2007 7:48 AM
To: 'Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list'
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: GRT compass calibration

Terry-

  John and I have same setup with GRT plus a BM G3 and whiskey compass.
It's like having three watches, you never really know what time it is, just
an average...

  We did do a cal on the GRT and got within a few degrees of the whiskey
compass at the cardinal headings using the compass rose.  BM and GRT dis
agree here and there but not by 20 degrees.

Craig

_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html



More information about the Reflector mailing list