REFLECTOR: Dual Throttle Quadrant Part 4

Richard J. Gentil richard at naples-air-center.com
Mon Nov 26 07:22:56 CST 2007


Jack,

I had looked at something like that in the Spruce Catalog but it was 
designed for ultralights and would not be heavy duty enough for a Velo.

Richard

Jack Prock wrote:
> Has anyone looked at or experimented with this:
>  
> http://triketek.com/linear_dualthrottle_main.html
>  
> It may not be hefty enough for our needs, but it would eliminate the
> dual cables back to the engine.
>  
> Jack
>
>     ----- Original Message -----
>     *From:* Richard J. Gentil <mailto:richard at naples-air-center.com>
>     *To:* Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
>     <mailto:reflector at tvbf.org>
>     *Sent:* Sunday, November 25, 2007 9:38 AM
>     *Subject:* Re: REFLECTOR: Dual Throttle Quadrant Part 4
>
>     Larry,
>
>     The order on the quadrants are on each side:
>
>     Outboard - Throttle
>     Center - Prop
>     Inboard - Mixture
>
>     The largest diameter tube is also the shortest length tube and the
>     Throttle connects to it on both quadrants.
>
>     The middle diameter tube is the next longest length tube and the
>     Prop connects to it on both quadrants.
>
>     The smallest diameter tube is the longest length tube and the
>     Mixture connects to it on both quadrants.
>
>     I attached two pictures,
>
>     Richard
>
>
>     lawrence epstein wrote:
>>     The system you have in the last photo looks like a good solution,
>>     except I am concerned about having the controls in a different
>>     order left-Right on the 2 quadrants.
>>
>>     I like the idea of completely separate systems back to the engine
>>     compartment. This eliminates a single point failure (of both
>>     controls) mode.
>>
>>     What does the factory system look like (I think they offer that
>>     option?)
>>
>>     Larry Epstein
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>         ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>         Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2007 00:41:27 -0500
>>         From: richard at naples-air-center.com
>>         To: reflector at tvbf.org
>>         Subject: REFLECTOR: Dual Throttle Quadrant Part 4
>>
>>         Sorry for so many emails. I am lousy at descriptions and I do
>>         much better with pictures.
>>
>>         The next direction is I took three pieces of steel tubing
>>         from Aircraft Spruce and put one inside the other. Then I
>>         braised on steel tabs and used a bolt on each side braised to
>>         a flat plate for a bearing to pivot on. For my linkages, I
>>         took flat steel rods which I cut and drilled 6 exact
>>         duplicates which I attached with clevis pins to the throttle
>>         quadrants and tabs on the steel tubes. Then I took the
>>         reversing throttle quadrant on the co-pilot's side and
>>         modified it so it would be non reversing, which is needed
>>         with this new idea I am trying.
>>
>>         I attached a picture of what I hope will be the solution for
>>         dual quadrants. I was wondering if anyone has been down the
>>         current road I am headed and has any pointers.
>>
>>         This is turning into a _*HUGE*_ time sink. Almost makes me
>>         wish my wife were not a pilot too, which would have negated
>>         the need for dual throttles.
>>
>>         Richard 
>>
>>
>>     -- 
>>     This message has been scanned for viruses and
>>     dangerous content by *MailScanner*
>>     <http://www.mailscanner.info/>*, and is
>>     believed to be clean. *
>>     ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>
>>     *_______________________________________________
>>     To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>>
>>     Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
>>     user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>>     Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>>     Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html*
>>     ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>
>>     *No virus found in this incoming message.
>>     Checked by AVG Free Edition. 
>>     Version: 7.5.503 / Virus Database: 269.16.6/1150 - Release Date: 11/24/2007 5:58 PM
>>       *
>     * *
>
>     * *
>
>     ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>     * * * *
>
>     * *
>
>     **
>
>     * *
>
>     * *
>
>     ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>     * * * *
>
>     * *
>
>     **
>
>     * *
>
>     * *
>
>     ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>     * **_______________________________________________
>     To change your email address, visit
>     http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
>     Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
>     user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>     Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>     Check old archives:
>     http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html*
>
> *
> -- 
> This message has been scanned for viruses and
> dangerous content by *MailScanner* <http://www.mailscanner.info/>, and is
> believed to be clean. *
> *
> *
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> *
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html*
> *
> *
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> *
> No virus found in this incoming message.
> Checked by AVG Free Edition. 
> Version: 7.5.503 / Virus Database: 269.16.6/1150 - Release Date: 11/24/2007 5:58 PM
> *
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20071126/5bb7673b/attachment-0001.htm 


More information about the Reflector mailing list