REFLECTOR: Dual Throttle Quadrant Part 3

Richard J. Gentil richard at naples-air-center.com
Sat Nov 24 23:18:18 CST 2007


The third picture is the pilot's side and you can see more of the
wrapping trying to overcome the friction which made the cable housing
stretch.

On the engine, I had to shorten the levers for the mixture and throttle
(not modified the prop yet) in order for the travel the quadrants
allowed, to be sufficient, for the levers on the engine to go from stop 
to stop. This cost me mechanical advantage.

Now the force required to move a lever on the engine is so much with two
quadrants that the housing for the Bowden Cable stretches when you try
to move a lever on either the Pilot's or Co-Pilot's sides.

Right now I have over 60 hours into these quadrants and ran out right
into a brick wall. I see no solution down this road other then
scrapping this idea and starting over again.

To be Continued.

Richard









-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: Throttle3.jpg
Type: image/jpeg
Size: 103735 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20071125/b2802120/attachment-0001.jpg 


More information about the Reflector mailing list