REFLECTOR: Landing light

Al Gietzen ALVentures at cox.net
Sat Nov 17 09:15:15 CST 2007


Dave; Jim; Larry,

 

Thanks for info in the landing light.  I'll probably opt for the Q4590,
because my GE 4590 had the most peculiar of failure modes, with likely less
than an hour of total time in service.

 

I first did a continuity check - hum-m- no open circuit, so the filament
must be OK; so problem must be relay, fuse, whatever.  After further checks
that everything else seemed OK, I jumpered power directly from the battery
to the light. No joy.

 

I removed the lamp, and visual inspection shows that the filament is OK, but
there is a dark colored material on the filament posts that formed bridge
across before the filament, causing a short circuit.  Yet a short circuit
with a high enough resistance not to blow the 15A fuse in the circuit.  Very
weird.

 

Al

 

 

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20071117/66d31d0f/attachment.htm 


More information about the Reflector mailing list