REFLECTOR: Landing light

Jim Agnew jim_agnew_2 at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 16 16:27:51 CST 2007


And if you put a $5 Inrush limiter in the power line to the light it will last a lot longer since it takes about 1/4 of a second to come to full brightness.

Jim
 
James F. Agnew
Jim_Agnew_2 at Yahoo.Com
Tampa, FL
Velocity 173 Elite Aircraft Completed & Flying



----- Original Message ----
From: Laurence Coen <lwcoen at hotmail.com>
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list <reflector at tvbf.org>
Sent: Friday, November 16, 2007 12:53:28 PM
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Landing light

The primary reason the Q4590 lasts longer than the 4590 is that it can 
tolerate vibration better.  It also takes the same power and is twice as 
bright.  The main source of vibration is from the engine, not from the 
ground roll.  Since the engine and landing light are on opposite ends, the 
lamp should last longer on a Velocity than say a Cherokee where it's mounted 
on the lower engine cowling.

Larry Coen
N136LC

P.S.: Remember that this is free advice and worth every penny.

----- Original Message ----- 
From: <davedent at comcast.net>
To: "Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list" <reflector at tvbf.org>
Sent: Thursday, November 15, 2007 2:44 PM
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Landing light


> Of course you could buy the Q type but I have found with the shaking that 
> I
> first had with my nose gear and other gear problems I wouldn't have had 
> the
> Q4509 make it this long as well.  At $10 bucks I'll stay with the 4509. 
> Of
> course I have the shaking stopped and smooth rolling so I may make it 
> longer
> now.  With the shallow profile for landing I never seemed to have too 
> little
> light with the 100 watts. Your call, I also don't have the shipping cost 
> of
> 2lbs to get it to me.  Just some thoughts guys.
> Dave
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit 
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
> 

_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20071116/a1389664/attachment.htm 


More information about the Reflector mailing list