REFLECTOR: I made airplane noises today
bdtopp at comcast.net
bdtopp at comcast.net
Fri Nov 9 07:26:43 CST 2007
Andy,
Congrats!!!! Can't wait to spill some barbeque sauce on that new engine from the ribs you promissed Albert & I when we come over and visit.. BTW.... we need to pick a Sat or Sun for the visit. I will talk to Albert.
Bruce
-------------- Original message --------------
From: "Richard J. Gentil" <richard at naples-air-center.com>
Major Builder Moment Andy!
Do savor every bit of it!
Richard
Andy Millin wrote:
Hey all!
We had our dyno run at G&N today. This is an engine I built up from scratch under the wonderful, watchful eye of Terry Brokaw.
The engine ran loud and strong. The guys at G&N were very complementary about our work. When we dropped the engine off they told us they knew the engine would run well by just looking at it. We figured they were just trying to be nice. The assured us, they really can tell. Attention to detail is what makes an engine run well and looking at the engine they could tell. Made me feel pretty good.
The engine fired right away. It made great volumes of airplane noises. I was smiling so hard it really did hurt.
We made good power. We had good compression after the test. We didn't make any metal. It went as well as we could have hoped.
I've been building my plane for seven wonderful years. I have enjoyed every milestone large or small. Today was a very big one. What a great adventure.
I posted a few pictures on my website tonight. I'll have a few more tomorrow including the dyno numbers. We shot some video as well. I should have that up tomorrow as well.
G'night all! I just hope I can get to sleep tonight...
Andy
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
No virus found in this incoming message.
Checked by AVG Free Edition.
Version: 7.5.503 / Virus Database: 269.15.25/1118 - Release Date: 11/8/2007 9:29 AM
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20071109/e4575eb0/attachment.htm
-------------- next part --------------
An embedded message was scrubbed...
From: "Richard J. Gentil" <richard at naples-air-center.com>
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: I made airplane noises today
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2007 12:33:40 +0000
Size: 879
Url: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20071109/e4575eb0/attachment.eml
More information about the Reflector
mailing list