REFLECTOR: I made airplane noises today
Terry Miles
terrence_miles at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 9 06:15:26 CST 2007
Just.wow!
I'm with Jorge. Why sleep.
Terry
_____
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Jorge Bujanda
Sent: Thursday, November 08, 2007 11:32 PM
To: 'Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list'
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: I made airplane noises today
Heck Andy. why even try to sleep? Congratulations
Regards,
Jorge Bujanda
Velocity XL FG
Palmdale, CA
Website: http://members.dslextreme.com/users/jbujanda/
"Make your best case... not the best case."
"Spare the noise... convince through silence."
JB
_____
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Andy Millin
Sent: Thursday, November 08, 2007 6:44 PM
To: 'Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list'
Subject: REFLECTOR: I made airplane noises today
Hey all!
We had our dyno run at G&N today. This is an engine I built up from scratch
under the wonderful, watchful eye of Terry Brokaw.
The engine ran loud and strong. The guys at G&N were very complementary
about our work. When we dropped the engine off they told us they knew the
engine would run well by just looking at it. We figured they were just
trying to be nice. The assured us, they really can tell. Attention to
detail is what makes an engine run well and looking at the engine they could
tell. Made me feel pretty good.
The engine fired right away. It made great volumes of airplane noises. I
was smiling so hard it really did hurt.
We made good power. We had good compression after the test. We didn't make
any metal. It went as well as we could have hoped.
I've been building my plane for seven wonderful years. I have enjoyed every
milestone large or small. Today was a very big one. What a great
adventure.
I posted a few pictures on my website tonight. I'll have a few more
tomorrow including the dyno numbers. We shot some video as well. I should
have that up tomorrow as well.
G'night all! I just hope I can get to sleep tonight...
Andy
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20071109/1acd13f2/attachment-0001.htm
More information about the Reflector
mailing list