REFLECTOR: Old style 173LW/XL Winglet foam question

Laurence Coen lwcoen at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 7 08:54:57 CST 2007


Albert,

I have a standard wing with blue foam core winglets.  The upper and lower 
cores were joined and the glassed as a unit.  My rudders extend all the way 
to the bottom so the cut line follows the rudder line on the lower winglet, 
then horizontally to the leading edge.  If your rudders are upper winglet 
only your mileage may vary.

Larry Coen
N136LC

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Khasky, Albert" <Albert.Khasky at virteva.com>
To: "Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list" <reflector at tvbf.org>
Sent: Tuesday, November 06, 2007 8:30 AM
Subject: REFLECTOR: Old style 173LW/XL Winglet foam question


> Hey guys...
>
> I have the old style winglet (blue foam upper and lower) and am wondering 
> if any of you who did slow build wings glassed the whole thing (both 
> halves bonded) and then cut it apart via the template, or glassed the two 
> halves separately? Also, the "old" instructions call for rounding off all 
> edges before glassing, and the new manual does not. I can only assume that 
> really means all edges; The top and bottom surfaces, the corners etc.. no 
> hard angles anywhere right?
>
> Oh yeah...I also have a set of brand new XL Matco's with master cyl's if 
> anyone needs them. I'm going Cleveland! And a new pitch trim motor...got 
> two somehow.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Albert
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit 
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
> 



More information about the Reflector mailing list