REFLECTOR: Sourcing Master Brake Cylinders

Brian Michalk michalk at awpi.com
Sun Nov 4 16:24:30 CST 2007


I've got the cylinders here.  I am looking for new from a different 
source with SI threading.

Oskar wrote:
> Mr Michalk,
> You are correct. The thread is metric. I can try to tell you the size once I get to the hanger.
> (but the plunger does rotate freely, or I shall say, is not attached to the shaft that goes to the pedal.
> If you still need I look and send the dimension.
> Regards
> Oscar
> 
> -----Original Message-----
>> From: Brian Michalk <michalk at awpi.com>
>> Sent: Nov 4, 2007 5:02 PM
>> To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list <reflector at tvbf.org>
>> Subject: REFLECTOR: Sourcing Master Brake Cylinders
>>
>> I'm giving up on my brake cylinders.
>> I have a chronic leak, and while Juanita was going over the plans, she 
>> noticed that we did not have the lock nut which is supposed to keep the 
>> plunger from rotating.
>>
>> The threads in the Velocity supplied aluminum blocks don't look very 
>> good, and I suppose that the AL blocks are tapped for standard threads 
>> and the plunger is a metric thread.  I think the closest die I had was 
>> 5/16-18.
>>
>> Anyway, I want to find a master cylinder with SI threads.  Does anyone 
>> have any part numbers?
> 
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
> 
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: michalk.vcf
Type: text/x-vcard
Size: 210 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20071104/7057d31c/attachment.vcf 


More information about the Reflector mailing list