REFLECTOR: Power setting gouge: First Flight

Terry Miles terrence_miles at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 2 06:25:43 CDT 2007


Thanks Al.  It's good for me to talk (think) out loud.  That's where (gear
up) I am inclined myself too.  I have cycled the gear a bunch of times and
never had any trouble with it.and the higher forward speed is going to be an
aid in keeping the engine cool until I can tweak all the cooling plenum
issues.

Terry

 

  _____  

From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Al Gietzen
Sent: Friday, November 02, 2007 12:05 AM
To: 'Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list'
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Power setting gouge: First Flight

 

 

One school of thought says don't raise the gear, but I want to keep a high
MAP (at least 65%) for 30 mins or so to begin the process of seating the
rings.  That's if no other first flight issues require a return to base.  

 

Terry;

 

If you've cycled the gear 10 times or more on the jacks, and everything
worked fine; I don't see a particular reason not to raise the gear during
first flight if everything else is proceeding fine.  

 

But then, it is whatever you are comfortable with.

 

Al

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20071102/7dabbdf0/attachment-0001.htm 


More information about the Reflector mailing list