REFLECTOR: Matco brakes

Dennis Martin dennis.doc at gmail.com
Mon May 28 23:15:13 CDT 2007


No excuse for Duane/Velocity ignoring your very thoughtful description of
the problem. I upgraded my gear and I recommend the improved Matco system to
all V drivers with the older system.

Best,
Dennis Martin

On 5/28/07, Al Gietzen <ALVentures at cox.net> wrote:
>
>  Oh; there was also this:
>
>
>
> *To:      Duane/Scott Swing*
>
> @Fax:   407, 589-1893
>
> Date:     7/24/97
>
> Re:        Further on Matco brakes and axle
>
>
>
> I mentioned in my FAX a couple of days ago about the weld on the torque
> plate preventing the plate from seating properly against the axle flange.
> This was true on both assemblies.
>
>
>
> I found further problem when installing the left side unit. In turning the
> torque plate over in order to mount the caliper forward, I found also that
> the plate would not seat against the flange because the ID of the axle hole
> was riding up on the radius from axle to axle-flange.  This also would cause
> distortion of the plate when the mounting bolts were tightened.  Because the
> torque plate is a stamped part, it is not symmetrical; i.e., it fits fine
> on one side, but not when turned over because the hole ID is smaller on one
> side.  This required filing a chamfer on the inside corner.  Then there was
> the fact that the holes in the torque plate for the 3/8" mounting bolts were
> less than 3/8" and had to be drilled out to get the bolts in.
>
>
>
> When taking the unit apart to turn the plate around, I found that the ID
> of the cylinder guide tubes in the torque plate were rusted.  This is a
> brand new part; what's this going to look like 15-20 years from now?
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw > Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>



-- 
All the best,
Dennis
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20070528/ad1444e5/attachment.html 


More information about the Reflector mailing list