REFLECTOR: XLRG Kit with -5 upgrade and IO 540K for Sale

Chuck Jensen cjensen at dts9000.com
Thu May 24 07:21:05 CDT 2007


Johnny,
No apologies necessary.  It's a loss to the Velocity Community that you
are unable to finish the project, but its good to hear of your giving,
instead of taking and feeling entitled.  Good deeds and good works have
their own reward.

Thanks,
Chuck Jensen

-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Johnny Thompson
Sent: Wednesday, May 23, 2007 11:43 PM
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: XLRG Kit with -5 upgrade and IO 540K for Sale


Hey Tom

Yes, I think it is a low price but a fair price also. It is less than I
have in it but the last thing I wanted to do was not build the Velocity.
That is physically and time wise not possible now. It will make me happy
to see someone that finds it difficult to pay for their dream to see it
come true. As I noted, I have sold two Aztecs, I got top dollar for them
and other aircraft. I was able to donate other aircraft and engines to
an A&P college and today gave two taildraggeres to someone that is
training underprivigled kids to fly for free. I am a 26 year Army
retired pilot wounded one too many times. The older I get the worse it
is. I consider myself to be a very blessed person so am not disappointed
or angry at what is coming. It is possible for my condition caused by
war injuries to stop its rapid progression but I would like to dispose
of everything now so my wonderful wife does not have to. Thanks for
asking.


The mobile stand I built out of 2x2 steel tubing. Very simple.  It was
used first for working on twins after removing the wings. I used 4
trailer tongue folding jacks with wheels.  For the Velocity I made small
adjustments to make it just a little lower so I could roll it under a
parked Velocity. I put plywood saddles of the front and rear 2x2  and I
can now raise and level
the aircraft by about 18".   Took about 4 hours to build.  It is old and
ugly but is great. I guess I could take pictures and send measurements.
Johnny



----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Tom Martino" <tmartino at troubleshooter.com>
To: "Velocity List" <reflector at tvbf.org>
Sent: Wednesday, May 23, 2007 7:21 PM
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: XLRG Kit with -5 upgrade and IO 540K for Sale


> $15,000 sounds cheap for the engine and install kit!  What gives?
>
> Also ... Where did you get the Velocity stand for jacking and 
> leveling?
How
> much was it?
>
> Thanks
>
> Tom
>
>
> On 5/23/07 6:58 PM, "Johnny Thompson" <testpilot at wildblue.net> wrote:
>
> > I just received a request to sell the 300 HP eng and install kit for
the -5.
> > If I find a buyer for the xl in the next few days I will seperate 
> > them
only
> > if they are sold the same time.
> > Complete fast build xl with all -5 options and metal stand. This 
> > stand
can
> > be used after the build to jack the aircraft for retract test, ect. 
> > It
rolls
> > under a parked velocity and you just turn 4  seperate cranks to 
> > raise
and
> > level the aircraft in a minute. No engine or engine install kit. 
> > $50,000.
> >
> > Engine complete with mechanical hydraulic pump and install kit.
Promised
> > to M.R. Pennsylvania.     $15,000
> >
> >
> > Thanks   Johnny
> >
> > _______________________________________________
> > To change your email address, visit 
> > http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
> >
> > Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> > user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> > Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> > Check old archives: 
> > http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: 
> http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>

_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html



More information about the Reflector mailing list