REFLECTOR: velocity website changes.

Scott Baker sbakr at comcast.net
Tue May 22 18:35:27 CDT 2007


Hello Ronnie,
Yes - we agree that main gear shimmy is more than likely associated with 
irregularities with the brake system ... and more often than not, caused by 
brake discs that vary in thickness.
SB

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Ron Brown" <romott at roadrunner.com>
To: "Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list" <reflector at tvbf.org>
Sent: Tuesday, May 22, 2007 7:00 PM
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: velocity website changes.


> Scott,
>
> Speaking of main gear shimmy, my 173 with Matco brakes used to
> shimmy/shudder around 30 knots .  I tried tightening the tight pivot bolts
> and that didn't help mine.
>
> When I replaced the brake pads at 215 hours with Rapco metallic pads, I 
> used
> a disk sander and roughened the disks.  All shimmy/shudder is GONE!  I am 
> up
> to 330 hours now and still smooth stopping, all the way down to zero kts. 
> I
> think the disk sander removed some pad residue that had collected on the
> disks and were causing the chatter.
>
> My main gear pivot lock nuts are still plenty tight - but my engine 
> doesn't
> run as hot as some of the others.
>
> Thanks for staying in touch with all of us on the Reflector!!!
>
> Ronnie Brown
> N713MR
> 173 Elite RG
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit 
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html 



More information about the Reflector mailing list