REFLECTOR: velocity website changes.

John Dibble aminetech at bluefrog.com
Tue May 22 18:08:50 CDT 2007


Scott,

I have 535 hours on my SERG/Franklin and the nyloc nuts are fine.  I don't plan to
change them.  I had some shimmy on the right main and I think it was related to a bent
bolt (maybe the bending process stretched the insert in the leg.  Also there was quite
a bit of front to back play in the leg when I had it jacked up.  Replacing with a new
bolt resulted in a tight fit and no more play in the leg.  Probably the insert has a
slight bend to it.  Anyway the shimmy is now gone.  Because of the tight fit in the
insert, the bolt turns with the leg and I have the nut just snugged in place.

John

Scott Baker wrote:

>   We are also asking for
> feedback from those who are flying Velocity aircraft - to please inspect the
> main gear bolt lock nut and to inform us if the nut is loose (by this we
> mean several threads loose) or if the Nylon lock nut has been subject to any
> damage due to heat.
> SB



More information about the Reflector mailing list