REFLECTOR: velocity website changes.

Ron Brown romott at roadrunner.com
Tue May 22 18:00:56 CDT 2007


Scott,

Speaking of main gear shimmy, my 173 with Matco brakes used to 
shimmy/shudder around 30 knots .  I tried tightening the tight pivot bolts 
and that didn't help mine.

When I replaced the brake pads at 215 hours with Rapco metallic pads, I used 
a disk sander and roughened the disks.  All shimmy/shudder is GONE!  I am up 
to 330 hours now and still smooth stopping, all the way down to zero kts.  I 
think the disk sander removed some pad residue that had collected on the 
disks and were causing the chatter.

My main gear pivot lock nuts are still plenty tight - but my engine doesn't 
run as hot as some of the others.

Thanks for staying in touch with all of us on the Reflector!!!

Ronnie Brown
N713MR
173 Elite RG



More information about the Reflector mailing list