REFLECTOR: brake lines

Richard J. Gentil richard at naples-air-center.com
Mon May 21 16:50:04 CDT 2007


Scott,

Mine is a Standard Elite RG.

Richard

Scott Derrick wrote:
> Richard,
>
> I think your plane is an XL, and this looks like a great solution.  
> Mines a Std and I don't have any room to speak of forward of the gear 
> box bulkhead. 
>
> However it gives me an idea I will have to try out today in teh hanger..
>
> thanks,
>
> Scott
>
>
> Richard J. Gentil wrote:
>> Scott,
>>
>> I did not like the idea of Nylaflow, so I went with Versatube from 
>> Aircraft Spruce in the cabin as well as down the gear legs. I used 
>> flexible aircraft hose in order to connect lines in the cabin to the 
>> lines on the gear leg.
>>
>> Richard
>>
>> Scott Derrick wrote:
>>> Well my plane is finally back on its feet after the main gear carbon 
>>> wrap upgrade, integral brake line conduit in the legs, Matco upgrade 
>>> on the existing calipers, increase thickness of gear bolt through 
>>> sleeve, and repainting of course.
>>>
>>> Got the nyloflow tubing in gear leg conduit,  man was that a tight fit!
>>> I now have nylaflow running from the master cyls to the gear 
>>> bulkhead and nylaflow running through the legs.
>>>
>>> Do folks just let the nylaflow flex as the gear goes up and down?  
>>> Any tricks to the transition from a fixed bulkhead through hole to a 
>>> moving gear leg?
>>>
>>> Scott
>>>
>>>   
>>
>> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>
>>
>> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>
>> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>>
>> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
>> user:pw >> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
> -- 
>
> -
>     "Just because I sound like an idiot doesn't mean I agree with the president."....from an ad on Air America Radio
>   
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw > Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> No virus found in this incoming message.
> Checked by AVG Free Edition. 
> Version: 7.5.467 / Virus Database: 269.7.6/813 - Release Date: 5/20/2007 7:54 AM
>   
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20070521/3dabed5a/attachment.htm 
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Type: image/jpeg
Size: 97244 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20070521/3dabed5a/attachment-0002.jpe 
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Type: image/jpeg
Size: 71602 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20070521/3dabed5a/attachment-0003.jpe 


More information about the Reflector mailing list