REFLECTOR: Transponder antenna

Jim Agnew jim_agnew_2 at yahoo.com
Sat May 19 20:14:40 CDT 2007


You cannot use RG-58 cable for more that about 7 feet for a transponder due to cable loses.  For distances up to 17 feet you can use RG-142.

Jim
 
James F. Agnew
Jim_Agnew_2 at Yahoo.Com
Tampa, FL
Velocity 173 Elite Aircraft Completed & Flying



----- Original Message ----
From: Emanuel Lewis <elewis8 at nycap.rr.com>
To: reflector at tvbf.org
Sent: Saturday, May 19, 2007 4:19:25 PM
Subject: REFLECTOR: Transponder antenna


I mounted my transponder antenna in the strake at the wing-strake joint.  I have had chronic problems with reception, particularly when the ground station is on the side away from the antenna position. In this case, the ground station can usually pick me up, at least for a while, if I rock my wings.  I have a King transponder/antenna.
What's the latest thinking on mounting the transponder antenna for maximum range?
Manny Lewis
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20070519/4c380e9d/attachment.html 


More information about the Reflector mailing list