REFLECTOR: Lycoming IO 360 C1C Valve Problem Question

Alex Balic alex157 at pwhome.com
Thu May 17 12:28:58 CDT 2007


Hi Mack-

I was thinking that you thought that the magnetized face of the lifter will
collect metal, and thereby be a bad idea - I am not sure what king of magnet
you are thinking of using, but the one that I have used for over 20 years to
pull lifters on dozens of engines - doesn't noticeably magnetize anything,
although theoretically it would tend to line up some of the atoms at the
surface of the lifter- never had any problem with the lifter collapsing or
locking due to magnetized check balls- you would need some kind of serious
field to do that I think- have you come across any documented problems? If
so I will discontinue use of my handy telescoping magnet on a stick..  :-)

 

Alex

 

  _____  

From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of MMurp16900 at aol.com
Sent: Thursday, May 17, 2007 9:58 AM
To: reflector at tvbf.org
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Lycoming IO 360 C1C Valve Problem Question

 

Hi Chuck

The lifters have a small  steel ball that acts as a check valve and if is
magnetized at may malfunction.

Regards

Mack





  _____  

See what's free at AOL.com <http://www.aol.com?ncid=AOLAOF00020000000503> . 

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20070517/6d4c08b9/attachment.htm 


More information about the Reflector mailing list