REFLECTOR: Power settings

John Dibble aminetech at bluefrog.com
Wed May 16 09:59:35 CDT 2007


I never look at rpm.  I was taught at the factory check ride to set up
with 90 kn and 500 fpm decent when abeam the numbers.  I gradually work
the speed down so I'm at 70-75 kn on short final depending on the load.
After over 300 hours of flying I often just go straight in and eyeball
it.
John

Al Gietzen wrote:

> I did a number of T & G’s this past weekend, and found I was still
> searching a bit for power settings at various stages for a good
> stabilized approach and landing.  I thought it might be helpful to see
> what others have determined.  I realize the it will vary from case to
> case and different prop dia and pitch; but  - typical for an SE RG
> with fixed pitch prop:
>
> Rpm for downwind, after pulling some power before turn to base, on
> base, on final???
>
> Thanks.
>
> Oh, yeah.  755V with 20B is flying again, and better than before.
>
> Al
>
>    ----------------------------------------------------------------
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw > Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives:
> http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20070516/0b74d2c2/attachment.htm 


More information about the Reflector mailing list