REFLECTOR: One or Two oil coolers?

HYTEC45 at aol.com HYTEC45 at aol.com
Mon May 14 12:12:42 CDT 2007


 
In a message dated 5/14/2007 8:31:55 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,  
s_korney at hotmail.com writes:

I put  those oil squirter nozzles on my parallel valve lycoming engine and 
the  oil temp went up about 15 degrees F in cruise. Ended up putting a 6  
cylinder oil cooler on the four cylinder system to take care of the higher  
oil temps...The nozzles open at about 40 lbs. of oil pressure so you don't  
loose any pressure at idle... I have adjustable oil pressure and it is set  
to 83 psi. @ 185 F. and 78 psi. @ 210 F.  At start up in the morning  it's 
120 psi. @ 60F and 1000 rpm's.  I let it warm to 90 F. before I  do a run-up




Steve,
 
Do you think the nozzles also increase oil consumption?  I have been  
fighting high(er) consumption (1qt. in 2.5hrs) since day one (800hrs.).  I  have even 
gone so far as two hone and re-ring jobs, and finally had Don  @ Performance 
Engine put together a new set of nitrited cylinders  w/ chrome rings.  All 
resulted in the same consumption results  exactly.  I can only point to the 
nozzles spraying oil directly onto the  piston/oil control rings.  Of course I have 
used correct break-in  procedures, and went the hole breather/crank case 
pressure thing and no  leaks.  Plugs and pipes look like ash.
 
What kind of oil consumption are other V's /pushers seeing?
TEC



************************************** See what's free at http://www.aol.com.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20070514/067e8e29/attachment.html 


More information about the Reflector mailing list