REFLECTOR: Pitch Trim Alternatives
Joe Ewen
Jewen at comporium.net
Sun May 13 16:12:36 CDT 2007
I am looking into alternatives to the stock factory pitch trim. Due to installed instrumentation, I do not have room for the factory stock pitch trim spring. I was considering the Strong Pitch Trim, but due to 1 negative report and the fact that I have electronics installed in the keel that would interfere, I have been looking for alternatives. One idea I am considering is using a spring linkage driven by a servo motor. The servo would be autopilot grade (mechanics disengaged when power is off) and the linkage would have enough spring travel to facilitate full elevator travel in the event the servo was stuck in either extreme.
I am looking for comments and suggestions on the attached pdf as well as any other alternatives.
Thanks,
Joe
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20070513/5a834c07/attachment-0001.html
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: Trim Working.pdf
Type: application/pdf
Size: 42278 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20070513/5a834c07/attachment-0001.pdf
More information about the Reflector
mailing list