REFLECTOR: Heat in the nose!

Pat Shea xl340hp at yahoo.com
Sun May 13 01:26:33 CDT 2007


Does anyone have a source lead on "high temp silicon
foam" or a substitute product to plug the ducts at the
firewall?

Once they're plugged, I assume you need to vent the
ducts to prevent a rise in oil temps. If the ducts are
not plugged in an RG, there's a pretty healthy flow of
air from the engine compartment to the nose
compartment - this must help cool the oil lines/oil.

Pat
 
--- Jim Agnew <jim_agnew_2 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> It is even more of a problem according to Alan Shaw
> if you have an engine fire or exhaust leak since the
> smoke/CO will be sucked into the cabin since it is a
> low pressure area relative to the engine
> compartment.  He insisted that I take some high temp
> silicone foam and plug the engine firewall side with
> it.  In addition, I covered it with the High Temp
> silicone Gasket (RED) maker. 
>  
> Jim



       
____________________________________________________________________________________Got a little couch potato? 
Check out fun summer activities for kids.
http://search.yahoo.com/search?fr=oni_on_mail&p=summer+activities+for+kids&cs=bz 


More information about the Reflector mailing list