REFLECTOR: One or Two oil coolers?

Ron Brown romott at roadrunner.com
Sat May 12 13:58:34 CDT 2007


Yep, brain F _ _  T!

"Also works great on those long taxi runs at Oshkosh and Sun-n-Fun.  320-330 degrees CHT is the norm on the ground and in cruise - I have my high CHT temp alarm set at 360.  If it goes off, I lower the nose a bit, pull back on the power a bit, and we keep on climbing to cruise altitude (8000 ft.)  I cruise at 155-160 kts, 2600 rpms, 8 GPH, LOP.  One cooler will do the job if installed correctly."

The point I was trying to make is that if the engine CHT's are running cool, the ONE oil cooler will do the job.  My oil temps run between 180 and 220 degrees with my alarm set at 220 on the oil temp - the high oil temp alarm only occurs when I am climbing after a quick turn on the ground. 

Sorry 'bout the confusion.

Ronnie    
  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: Al Gietzen 
  To: 'Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list' 
  Sent: Saturday, May 12, 2007 12:21 PM
  Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: One or Two oil coolers?


      320-330 degrees is the norm on the ground and in cruise - I have my high oil temp alarm set at 360.  



    Ah-h-h; is there a typo here, like the first 3 should be a 2.  Seems about 100 higher than I'd want to see the oil.



    Al



------------------------------------------------------------------------------


  _______________________________________________
  To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

  Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
  user:pw   Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
  Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20070512/59e4b73b/attachment.html 


More information about the Reflector mailing list