REFLECTOR: Slow flight characteristics

Hiroo Umeno humeno at microsoft.com
Thu May 3 18:46:10 CDT 2007


I am not an aerodynamicist and I don't even play one on TV but...

Would it be possible that the incidence angle of the wings are "slightly" off and perhaps at high AoA (slow flight), the left wing is losing its boundary layer flow in some of its parts earlier than the right?  Maybe there is slight airfoil contamination on the left?

Perhaps the left wing is a bit heavier than the right?  When at higher airspeed, the greater amount of lift generated by the wing masks the effect but at lower speed, the wing gets heavier relative to the amount of lift generated?

These are worth exactly what you paid for<g>.

Hiroo


-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On Behalf Of Tom
Sent: Thursday, May 03, 2007 4:38 PM
To: reflector at tvbf.org
Subject: REFLECTOR: Slow flight characteristics

Thanks for the thought--measured both sides and they were dead even. If
they were off I would suppose it would create more of an issue at higher
speeds. I'm baffled by this only being a low speed issue.
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html



More information about the Reflector mailing list