REFLECTOR: Nicked coax

Al Gietzen ALVentures at cox.net
Tue May 1 01:56:38 CDT 2007


Let's see, I think a BNC for Ru-58.  But if the inner conductor is intact,
and the braid is only partially cut, you still have a viable connection.
Depending on where it is, and is it bedded in, maybe some silicone in the
cut, and sealed up (heat shrink?) could be a repair.

Al
  

Ok, despite the vow that "I'd never cut the coax"...
As I trimed the port vertical stabilizer, I nicked the 
coax to the com.
through the braid down to but not through the stranded 
inner conductor.

I assume I should finish the cut an then use a connector
to splice it back together.

Any suggestions..  SO239, BNC, N,  there are several 
styles of connectors out there.
What have others used?

Noel.
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html



More information about the Reflector mailing list