REFLECTOR: Crosswind Landings
Ron Brown
romott at roadrunner.com
Fri Mar 30 15:40:59 CDT 2007
When I was taking the transition training at the factory with Nathan Rigaud, the wind was blowing 10-20 kts cross wind (the good runway was closed for repaving).
Nathan said just to crab to landing, no cross control - the Velocity will turn nicely when the mains touch. He's right - that is pretty much how I do it. I have kicked in some rudder to get the fuselage more straight with the runway, but release it before touch down. Works great!
The worst cross winds were when we were on the way to the Symposium in Texas last year. Seems every airport we landed at had runways north and south while the wind was screaming from the west at 15-25 knots.
Ronnie
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20070330/32ee7ef3/attachment.htm
More information about the Reflector
mailing list