REFLECTOR: Cont'd oil temp problems

Scott Derrick scott at tnstaafl.net
Tue Mar 27 19:52:55 CDT 2007


If this is an updraft configuration and your probes are on the bottom of 
the cylinders you are getting a cooler CHT than your cylinders are 
actually running at.  If updraft with lower probes your temps should be 
in the low 300's, in the summer.

I ran a IO360 200HP in an updraft STD RG  for 450 hours. Once I got the 
baffling  tight,  got the standard nose oil cooler set up right and ran 
LOP, my CHT's ran 330 and oil temp  ran 200. 

You don't need a 2nd cooler. One will do the job if everything else is 
done correctly.

I would be very reluctant to sacrifice the ram scoop to run an unneeded 
oil cooler. You will be sacrificing both power and weight.

Scott

Tom wrote:
> No problem with CHTs (run about 380), oil pressure steady also. I'm 
> going to move the temp sender tomorrow onto the accesory case and remove 
> the oil adapter spacer which doesn't exactly match the adapter, might be 
> getting blow by past the vernatherm. Should be able to test fly again on 
> thurs. Will  still probably need a 2nd cooler, some questions:
> 1) how large  (2nd) oil cooler should I get
> 2) can I use the injection ram air outlet to ventilate the cooler
> 3) can I use a K&N cone type filter on the injection air inlet
> 4) how can I exit the cooler air
>
> thx Tom
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
>
>
>   

-- 

-
    The antidote for misuse of freedom of speech is more freedom of speech.

    Molly Ivans 



More information about the Reflector mailing list