REFLECTOR: pitot tube angle

jewen at comporium.net jewen at comporium.net
Mon Mar 26 15:43:55 CDT 2007


Doug,
If you have your air speed indicator, hook it up and have someone drive
you down the highway.  Monitor the ASI at various angles.  I need to
determine some initial calibration values for my electronic/computer
system.  So I drove back and forth on a friday night (2:00 AM) collecting
data at different speeds.  Winds were light but I averaged the values
traveling north and south to minimize any wind influence.

Joe (Did not test at landing speed, or at least that I would admit to.)


On Mon, March 26, 2007 2:56 pm, Douglas Holub wrote:
> I'm putting a new surplus 1950's fighter jet heated pitot tube in my nose
> right above the landing light. But to get the bayonet to poke out in the
> middle of the nose it needs to angle down about 7 degrees. Will that
> affect its accuracy very much?
>
> Doug Holub_______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html




More information about the Reflector mailing list