REFLECTOR: STICK & RUDDER

Tom Martino tmartino at troubleshooter.com
Sun Mar 25 23:49:51 CDT 2007


At first I thought it was just the weather, or maybe an uneven fuel load
... but I can no longer deny it.  My plane still yaws a bit to the left
(which means I have to touch the right rudder to make it fly perfectly
straight).  So I have the following questions and would like those with
more experience to answer:
 
1.	The ball is only a tiny bit out of center and I can get speeds
of 200 KTAS or more ... so should I leave the damn thing alone?
2.	The plane is almost perfect ... so should I make it fly
perfectly?
 
I should also make these observations:
 
--I already shimmed the wings with washers several hours ago - which
helped a lot ... but there is still a slight yaw,
--I also shimmed the right rudder out a bit (right after I did the wing)
... it seemed near perfect ... but still a tiny yaw.
--When I am at higher speeds (170+ TKAS) and make a hard right turn with
full right rudder ... the right rudder will flutter a bit.
--When turning left at the same speed ... no flutter at all.  Is this
because I shimmed the right rudder out a bit to begin with?
 
ANY AND ALL COMMENTS APPRECIATED.
 
I have taken a lot of time to make this an exceptional bird ... am I
going too far?  
 
Tom Martino
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20070325/fd73cb08/attachment.htm 


More information about the Reflector mailing list