REFLECTOR: How Fast-flutter

Tom Martino tmartino at troubleshooter.com
Thu Mar 22 13:20:28 CDT 2007


Not sure of the density altitude at the time.  But I know from flying
around here (Denver area) ... that my MP fluctuates between 21 and 24
depending on the day.

-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of steve korney
Sent: Thursday, March 22, 2007 11:42 AM
To: reflector at tvbf.org
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: How Fast-flutter


Hi Tom..

BTW... I'm curious as to how you got 23 inches of M.P. at 8000 ft.?  Do
you 
know what the density altitude was...?

Best... Steve


 >
 > OK, in speed tests this weekend, I was able to true out at 210 knots
 > pretty consistently.  I was at 23 inches and 2400 RPM.  I still had
 > throttle travel left.  Flight controls were solid and no sign of
 > flutter.  Should I push it even further?  At what point do I know I
have
 > gone far enough?
 >
 > Tom Martino
 > 173 Elite RG - 300 HP (IO-540)
 >


_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit 
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html

_________________________________________________________________
Get a FREE Web site, company branded e-mail and more from Microsoft
Office 
Live! http://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/mcrssaub0050001411mrt/direct/01/

_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html



More information about the Reflector mailing list